Monday, May 5, 2014

DWM 5/5/14: More First Saturday Blocks

Here's what I have on my design wall today: It's month 10 of the Quilted Fox's First Saturday block of the month, and I have the main block and the alternate block done. Here are nine of each.
First Saturday Main Blocks
 
First Saturday Alternate Blocks
 
Here's what they looked like laid out together last month (with the oops alternate block, which I still haven't fixed.)
First Saturday blocks
 
I'm still not loving these blocks, especially the main block. There will be 12 of each when the series is finished. I may just make two baby quilts, use them for FMQ practice, and donate them. Or they'll just remain a UFO forever. Or, if anyone else who's doing these blocks wants more, I'll sell them.

The next year of First Saturday blocks starts in August and the theme will have something to do with the forest. The colors are described as dark green and autumn leaf tones. She hasn't actually shown us the blocks, but it sounds like those colors will coordinate nicely with my family room, so I think I'll sign up again.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out all the quilty inspiration everyone else has on their design wall.

2 comments:

  1. Each set of blocks look great when they are apart, like you would use to make the baby quilts. When they are together my eye doesn't have a place to rest. Maybe a border would help? I really like the blocks individually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the main block. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete