Monday, October 6, 2014

DWM 10/6/14

I took projects with me on vacation, so I'd have something to do in case of rainy weather. We actually had great weather except for a couple of days. I was able to finish everything I had prepped and taken with me: the quilting and binding on my 30-Something Challenge quilt; three sets of bee blocks; and dozens of flying geese, which will become part of a future project.
Flocks of Flying Geese

Now that I'm home, I have massive cleaning up, laundry, etc. to do. No sewing happening here today!

Tomorrow I'm working with guild friends on assembling our fund-raiser quilt for next year. That should be fun! All I know about the quilt so far is that it's red and white, and lots of people pieced lots of Peaky & Spike units for it.

Linking up today with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out everyone else's design walls over there for some great inspiration.

A few vacation pics:
Good Advice, Big Lagoon State Park, Perdido Key, FL
 
Favorite Restaurant in Destin,
Best Ever Blackened Amberjack Sandwich
 
View from the Aptly Named Sunset Grill, Perdido Key, FL

Live Oaks & Spanish Moss along the Trail in Orange Beach, AL

Rainy Day Visitor; View from our Balcony at the Mariner

View from the Flora-Bama Yacht Club
(Bayside, across the street from the famous Flora-Bama Lounge)

Really?!!!


 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Great vacation photos! Looks as though you got a lot done, too. The opportunity quilt in red/white sounds intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors you used in your flying geese blocks. It looks like you had a fun vacation, and I hope getting settled back into home goes smoothly today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of your vacation. Looking forward to seeing what you will do with your flying geese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! Rest, and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to get some quilting time in. I usually bring my hand sewing and then never touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your last photo of the ATM inside... or at least so they say. Alligator notice also interesting. Nice job on those flying geese. No cut off points for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great photos!!! I love the no swimming one too! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete