Sunday, February 1, 2015

Stash Report & Goals Update

January Stash Report:
Yards IN - 19.75 (1-1/2 yds  for Gramercy & Friends; 10 yd bolt of white on sale; 5 yds Hancock's sale including some for pillowcases; 3-1/4 yds FQ sale)
Yards OUT - 0.  Nothing I can count, nothing finished enough. I did make 23 12" blocks but since the flimsy isn't finished I can't count the fabric yet.

YTD IN - 19.75
YTD OUT - 0
YTD Net change - 19.75 yds in.

Because most of this was sale fabric and very good prices, I ended up spending on average less than $4.00 a yard for what I bought in January. So, it was well worth the hit to my stash report to score these bargains. Now I just have to get busy and use up some yardage!

Goals:
January Update
1. Add borders to CSQ raffle quilt. DONE & delivered to Sandy for quilting.
2. Design cover for Broken Chevron pattern in Photoshop. DONE - see below
3. Piece backing for Plus Dash top. Found wide white-on-white backing in stash, will use that instead of pieced backing. Plus Dash is on Sandy's wait list.
4. Work on project for potential publication. Completed ripping & re-piecing; worked on blocks; determined layout.
5. Keep up with bee blocks.  DONE
6. Prep projects to work on at camp retreat in Feb. DONE. Have 8 pillowcases kitted, two large blocks for Gramercy & Friends kitted, and "potential publication project" blocks to assemble into top.
 -  Extra accomplished, not on original list: Made 23 different 12" blocks for "Gramercy & Friends."
 -  Other extra accomplished: Made pincushion for STLMQG pincushion swap.

I'd say January was a very productive month. February may be a little lighter; grandbaby is due this month.

February Goals:
1. Make two 24" blocks for Gramercy & Friends at camp
2. Make 8 pillowcases at or before camp, to be given on 2/14 for delivery.
3. Work on Gramercy & Friends to complete the flimsy
4. Work on project for potential publication
5. Keep up with bee blocks
6. Pull unwanted fabric from stash for CSQ guild Fabric Swap on 2/17

With these goals - if I accomplish them - I'll have some good yardage-out numbers in February.

I also need to get the label sewn on my Broken Chevron quilt and print some more patterns. A local quilt shop is going to hang the quilt and sell my patterns. If you are interested in the Broken Chevron pattern, check out the Patterns tab above and e-mail me.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful about the LQS carrying your pattern!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did very well in January! I, too, expect better stash numbers for February as I have some more finishes. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete