Sunday, March 29, 2015

March Stash Report and Goals Update

Stash Report

Even though it's not quite the end of the month, I don't have any fabric purchases planned or any projects ready to be finished, so I feel safe in counting my monthly usage today. I'm linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.

IN this month: 3-1/8 yards (2 yds Easter print;  3/4 yd for STLMQG collection challenge; 3/8 yd STLMQG door prize)
OUT this month: 20 yards - Yes, 20 yards! (1-1/8 yd leftover from swap pillowcases to STLMQG free table;  8-1/2 yds for Gramercy & Friends flimsy;   2-3/4 yds wide backing for Plus Dash;  3/4 yd for Plus Dash binding;  1/4 yd for Running Around block sample & bee block;   6-5/8 yds for potential publication project flimsy)

IN YTD: 36-1/8 yards
OUT YTD: 54 yards
Net Change: 17-7/8 yards OUT
Whoo-Hoo! I can do some serious shopping in Paducah!

One of this month's little projects (for which I bought two yards of fabric but only used one) was this Easter basket liner. This is for baby CJ. The basket was actually Grandpa's when he was a boy; it's "vintage." Grandpa didn't think we wanted the mess of plastic grass so he asked me to make a liner for the basket. The bunny will fill this basket for CJ and his dad here at Grandma & Grandpa's every year, regardless of what he delivers to CJ's mom's house.
Easter Basket for CJ


Goals

March Update:
The surprise arrival of the proof of my book, which required immediate review and corrections, rearranged all my priorities for March so some things just didn't get done.

1. Complete Gramercy & Friends flimsy (it's on LAQ's waiting list for April). Done
2. Layer, baste, quilt & bind boy charity donation quilt, due 3/17. Not done. I can finish it for a different children's quilt donation drive later in the year. I donated 3 quilts to the drive that ended 3/17.
3. Prep Gramercy backing. Not done. Must get that done this week.
4. Add borders to complete potential publication project to the flimsy stage. Done
5. Make Easter basket for CJ. Done
6. Keep up with bee blocks. Done
7. If Plus Dash is returned from the quilter, complete the binding. Done
8. Finish writing Plus Dash pattern. Done

Other, #1: Received proof for my book, reviewed & made corrections; received 2nd proof, reviewed & made additional corrections. Total 4+ days of very focused work!

Other, #2: Remade Running Around block and sent tutorial to STLMQG BOM chair.

April Goals:

1. Prep Gramercy & Friends backing; make delivery arrangements with the quilter.
2. Prep piecing group project to hand out in May.
3. Work on Hands to Help quilt (UFO from earlier pattern test)
4. Keep up with bee blocks
5. Go to Paducah for Quilt Week

The April list is relatively light due to Paducah and in order to leave time for any book stuff that may come up. I don't know if there will be any book stuff; my editor said when we were discussing the final corrections that I might not hear anything "until I find two cases of books on my doorstep one day."

There is still a chance the book could be published in time for Paducah Quilt Week. That would be pretty cool, to be there when they introduce it.


1 comment:

  1. I hope that you have a great time in Paducah, and good luck with the book...

    ReplyDelete