Monday, April 27, 2015

Paducah Surprise

Nothing on my design wall today, but with all the fabric I bought in Paducah, there will surely be projects there soon. See yesterday's post below for all that fabric bounty!

Speaking of Paducah, I encountered the most wonderful surprise in the bubble - the AQS Author's Showcase booth had posters of books that are coming soon. I found mine there!!! Mine is Cut and Shuffle Quilts, at the right. This is the first time I've seen the cover (other than the thumbnail on Amazon). I was thrilled!
AQS books coming soon

Me and my book poster

I still don't have a publication date; Amazon says available August 18. A far cry from the February 2015 publication AQS originally told me when they accepted the book proposal.

The description Amazon has is terrible - inaccurate and a total turn-off to quilters. I'm trying to get it changed, both via Amazon and via AQS.
Description on Amazon

This is what I've suggested they use instead:

"Modern and traditional quilters unite with these easy to make quilts. Complete instructions are included for blocks which start from a simple square called the “Block Mama,” which is then cut, shuffled, and reassembled to create four unique blocks.  The blocks are featured in six different quilts ranging in size from 40 inches square to 76 by 88 inches. Alternate fabric and colorway suggestions are given for each of these versatile quilts. "
Anyway, I was thrilled to see the poster of my book at the show in Paducah. There's hope that it'll be out sooner or later!

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times - Check out everyone else's design walls over there for some quilty inspiration.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful surprise! I love the photo of you with the book poster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed seeing that! Coming soon to a shop near you .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing your book! I agree about the description - hope your version ends up on the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a lovely surprise. The photo of you and your "poster book" is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super exciting! Your book sounds so interesting, especially your description of it.

    ReplyDelete