Sunday, July 26, 2015

Stash Report 7/26/15

IN this week: 1-5/8 yards.  (1/4 yd prize for CSQ show ribbon; 5/8 yd orange & 1/2 yd taupe grunge for Gramercy binding)
OUT this week: 1/4 yard for binding test potholder
I'll tally up the totals for July next week.

If you've been following the Gramercy binding saga, you may recall that I auditioned several fabrics and tested a stripe that many commenters liked. After serious consideration, I just couldn't bring myself to use the stripe. Too bold and busy for the overall serene nature of Gramercy & Friends. I decided to go with taupe grunge, a fabric that's in several of the blocks that reads mostly solid and also doesn't fight with the backing. I do like LeeAnna's idea of orange piping, so I'm adding it using Susie's Magic Binding method.

If I get Gramercy bound this week, I'll be able to count out the backing and binding this month.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out the other stash reports over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment