Friday, June 10, 2016

Finished Dancing Plus Quilt


With encouragement form blog readers - thank you all! - I decided to leave the quilting as is, organic wavy vertical lines every 1-1/2 to 2" and curvy diagonal lines between the plus motifs.

This quilt is destined to become a gift. It started as bee blocks for my STLMQG bee, Sew Bee It. Thanks, girls, for making blocks for me!  The blocks were so addictive, I just kept making more, so it turned out to be a nice sofa throw size, 60 x 75".


If you're interested, here's a tutorial for making the Dancing Plus blocks. These little blocks finish at 6", and there are 120 blocks in this quilt. Some dance to the left, some to the right, and occasionally there's one that's actually straight. The layout is half-drop columns, with a plain piece of background fabric to fill in the top or bottom of a column as needed. I definitely filled up my design wall creating this one!

Linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Friday Finish at Crazy Mom Quilts

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the finish; I think it is going to be a perfect sofa snuggle quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great quilt....so happy and fun. It looks like a good block to use up some of these ever growing scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy quilt with all the blocks dancing about. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks great! I especially love the quilting you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally adding the tutorial to my to-do list - thank you! I love what you have done here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful happy quilt. Positive with a capital + ! You have inspired me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a fun and colorful finish!

    ReplyDelete