Friday, August 5, 2016

Finished: PAussietivity

My Aussie fabric version of Positivity from Cut and Shuffle Quilts is finished!
PAussietivity, 60" x 60", 2016

It will hang st The Quilted Fox as a sample for my upcoming class. I'll be teaching the blocks from Cut and Shuffle Quilts on Nov. 5. I just love this Aussie print, but as you can see, I changed out some of the wimpy accent colors for stronger ones.

Here's the original Positivity. What a difference color and fabric selection make!
Positivity, 60" x 60", 2013

Positivity and PAussietivity use the Plus block from Cut and Shuffle Quilts. Very easy, and a fun method. Start with a framed square, cut it up, rearrange the parts, and sew it back together nine-patch style. If you're in the St. Louis area and you'd like to take the class, sign up at The Quilted Fox. If you're elsewhere, Cut and Shuffle Quilts is still available from AQS or Amazon, but I don't know how much longer it will be available.


Linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the finish; it will be a great quilt to show and get people interested to sign up for your class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your lovely finished quilt! I really like the baby quilt you posted previously as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! The brighter bits definitely help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love the difference the bolder colors make! Great quilt, and I love that Aussie print - there's so much life and movement in it. Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a beautiful finish. Both quilts are stunning, but I like the black with the rainbow colors more.

    ReplyDelete