Friday, August 12, 2016

Siblings for Heart Builders

Not one but two tops finished for Heart Builders - Whoo-hoo! They're not quite twins, but definitely siblings. Maybe they'll go to siblings in need?

After my mix-up with the measurements, I was able to make one top with nine of the original blocks, and I had seven blocks left over. So I made a second top using a harmonious print that I found in my stash.

Here's top #1 using the green honeycomb print that Heart Builders sent:

And here's the second one with blocks made of the additional fabric:

Close up of both versions:

Heart builders originally sent me a yard of the green print and a yard of white. To that I added 2-1/8 yards of my own white, 1/4 yard each of my own orange and turquoise, 3/8 yard of stripe, and 1/4 yard of the extra green print, for a total of 3-1/4 yards of my own stash used.

So these are ready to be mailed back to Heart Builders. This was fun, and I hope they'll keep me in mind next time they need a top (or two!) pieced.

Linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

PS - I have some family and personal stuff going on and some secret sewing that has to be done for a deadline. I'm going to take a little break from the computer for a while. I spend far too much time on it, and I need to concentrate on other priorities. I'll be back by the end of the month and I hope to have some fun stuff to share when the time comes.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you planned it that way! Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever--love the way you used the leftover blocks! If I had been doing it, they would still be in a pile, unused. Have a fun few weeks off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on two lovely finishes! Very successful handling of a "creative design opportunity". Hope you can get to all your priorities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty quilts, Jan! You did a great job and those will definitely make two kids very happy!

    Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They turned out great - and I love the colors ;-) Enjoy your break and get that sewing done - grin!

    ReplyDelete