Monday, September 12, 2016

Flying Geese Baby Quilt Parts

On my design wall today, parts for the next baby quilt:

These are large flying geese, 7 x 3-1/2" finished. They're just stuck on the wall now; when I get the rest of them made I'll arrange them randomly into five columns wide by 11 units high. Here are the fabrics I'm using, and the colors are truer in this photo:

The perfectionist in me is not happy with the crooked chevron geese. I have enough of the chevron print to make more, so I'll make enough that the stripes can all go in the same direction. I like the vertical ones better.

This baby quilt has to be finished for a shower on Oct. 21, so I need to keep at it. I guess I'll be making more flying geese this week.

Check out what others are working on over at Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

  1. I think that your decision to use the print in question from yesterday is great; the blocks work well together. And I hear you about getting the directional fabric all pointed in the same direction. I'm glad you have enough fabric to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun flying geese! This is going to be a really cute baby quilt. I agree with the striped chevrons... better with the stripes going vertically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great colors - and if you keep the crazy stripes in there it could be an eye spy idea for the baby??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Flying Geese quilts! Maybe the crooked bocks can be used to make a label on the back?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Geese look great, I really like the colors that you are using!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete