Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Perfect Background

Last week I invested in a pale yellow-green crosshatch print for background for my Pat Sloan Solstice Challenge project. It turned out to be perfect. 

I used it for last week's Crosswalk block: 

And I remade the blocks from weeks 1 and 2 using it for the background.

I think I'll be much happier with this than I was with the beige I had been using. 

So far I've been able to keep up with the challenge, but since I've spent time on this project, I neglected to work on a UFO in January. And now I have this new WIP. I think I'll have to be a lot more disciplined in February about sticking to my goals. 

Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts

5 comments:

  1. so many interesting projects to do... this is a good background. Interesting texture and supports the main characters

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful as the background. I'm so glad you're more happy with this solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! you are right - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on the way to a beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new background fabric is perfect. Good luck with your February goals, but don't be too hard on yourself about January. Sometimes it just happens that way.

    ReplyDelete