Friday, May 5, 2017

Dancing Plus II

Whoo-hoo! No rain today! For the first time in forever, it seems...

I finally got a chance to take outdoor photos of my finished Dancing Plus II quilt. Unfortunately it's been folded for over a week, which shows at the bottom. DP II is big and snuggly, 65" x 80" after quilting.

I quilted it with vertical organic wavy lines. Very simple, but it doesn't detract from the piecing or the dancing effect of the blocks.

Very scrappy, too. I used lots of charms, scraps, and leftover binding bits for the plusses, and lots of low volume prints from my collection for the background.

I've entered Dancing Plus II in the STLMQG quilt show in July. STLMQG's motto is "all modern all the time." My original Dancing Plus started as a bee project with my STLMQG bee, Sew Bee It, in bright modern fabrics and colors. That quilt was given away as a gift. This one is for me and the palette is more subdued. Is it acceptable for an "all modern all the time" quilt show?


Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts

7 comments:

  1. I think it is awesome and I think it fits the all modern theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly think it could fall under a modern traditional category. Congratulations on both the finish and a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great! Love the colors and your quilting choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely all modern all the time! Congrats on a gorgeous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! the quilting is great on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this design. Thanks for mentioning using lots of different backgrounds. I wasn't sure with the first cursory glance. I have some sort of plus quilt in me but I haven't decided which one yet.

    ReplyDelete